Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shop For Remote Start System with Keyless Entry


I was going to install this in my wife's 1999 Ford Explorer. After opening up the package it looked like everything was bundled nicely and simple enough. As I started reading the instruction booklet I got scared enough to put everything back in the package and save it for the garage sale next spring. I'm mechanically inclined but unless you know what you're doing under the dash and know the electrical motor requirements of the electric doors/locks/windows then you may want to leave this to the professionals, like I'm going too.
The booklet tells you to use the CD to contact their Website (with the secret code that comes within the package) so you can get the particulars for the type of car you're installing it in. The basic info on how to do it is in the booklet but specifics you'll need to know common to your actual car is in their Website. You'll need to do this before you cut any wires or make any connections. Failure to install this unit correctly can fry circuits in the car electronics.
If you're still confused you can call their Tech Support. The booklet warns that if you fail to install wires correctly you may activate the Airbag System, lock out the ignition, etc. I don't need all the features this unit has but it doesn't say how to bypass them. Too many things can go wrong during installation and I don't want to be without the car if I get stumped so I'm passing this on and let someone else try it on their car instead. It's not worth possibly ruining the car. If you're a car jock then it may be for you. I'd rather play it safe and apply the $50 towards the professionals installing a dealer-supplied system.Get more detail about Remote Start System with Keyless Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment