Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cheap Alert 350-R Remote Starter with Keyless Entry


The Alert 350-R I purchase on Amazon was not what you would call a "novice friendly" unit. The unit was intended for sale only to expert installers. The instructions that came with the unit were minimal and technical. Units sold in places like the big Marts have much more usable installation instructions for those who have never done such a project.
That said, the installation took me all day, in spite of the fact that I also purchased the applicable T-harness which was supposed to reduce, by 80 percent, the amount of work required for the installation. Not on my F250 SuperDuty. It does eliminate some work, but I'm not sure it was worth the $17 paid for it.
Installed, the Alert 350-R works like a champ. Tech support was English speaking and knowledgeable. The two times I felt that I needed their guidance, they were polite and very helpful. I am glad I made this purchase and am enjoying the benefits of having remote start capabilities on my vehicle. If you're not intimidated by going under the dash, stripping wires and making electrical connections, after you find the right wire, then go for it. Good luck!Get more detail about Alert 350-R Remote Starter with Keyless Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment