Friday, February 12, 2010

MULTI-TONE SIREN This instant


I took a chance ordering this, given it had no dimensions listed, but it appeared to be what I needed to replace my broken car alarm siren.

The siren was delivered promptly, from iPodCarParts. The one I received looks different than the one in the picture, though fairly similar. It came in a plain brown box (the box for the siren itself) with no labeling and no documentation or instructions. There is no writing on the siren, so there's no model number or other specifications. The base is painted black metal; the rest is plastic. The base pivots, so the siren can be angled slightly up or down. There are two wires coming out.

Dimensions of the one I received:
Base footprint = 3 3/8" x 1 9/16"
Height, bottom of base to top of siren (when siren is not angled) = 3.75"
Diameter of siren = 3.25"
Length of siren = 3.5"
Leads were about 15" long

I hooked it up, black lead to ground, red lead to the alarm (12V DC). It works fine, though the pitch is definitely higher than the previous siren. It's loud enough to be annoying, though not the loudest siren I've heard.Get more detail about MULTI-TONE SIREN.

No comments:

Post a Comment