Saturday, February 27, 2010

Front Rear 8 Sensor Back Up Sensor System W/ Lcd Display Immediately


I was excited when I ordered this system. I chose to go with the most expensive system, thinking it was the best offered. My theory was wrong. My installer tried many times to contact the manufacturer to ask questions about installation directions. He had a very difficult time reaching any one and when he did, it was like pulling teeth to get an answer.
The system I purchased hadn't stated in the directions that it's wires were long enough for a car, but not a truck. I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra and was only able to set up the system in the rear bumper, thus buying an 8 sensor system and only able to use 4. The drill they sent was made for rubber / plastic bumbers, not for metal so after one hole, the drill bit was useless. The manufacturerer was also neglectful in mentioning in the directions that this system might not work with metal bumpers (thus the weak drill bit). After two days of trying, my insaller finally connected with technical support who explained that the holes will have to be a bit larger in the metal bumper so the metal will not interfere with the sensors. These holes had to be hand filed out. The sytstem is done except for the front and it seems to be working. Although, when they get wet, it gives a false reading.

Clifford Radcliffe / NY.Get more detail about Front Rear 8 Sensor Back Up Sensor System W/ Lcd Display.

No comments:

Post a Comment