Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where To Buy Audiovox ACA250 Wireless Vehicle Rear Observation System


To start off with this product did what I expected.
I did call tech support and they explained that this is designed to transmit on an average of 15 feet; basically it is designed for cars and SUV's. Something about the FCC and the legal range. I have an F250 and I was worried about the last two reviews. It made sense that it would not work in a bus or trailer, it's not made for that.

Install was easy, the included Scotchloks worked fine. Yes the wire was a bit thin but they included the red ones for small wire, I just doubled up the camera power wires.

My kit included a long lead to power the monitor in case of interference and the Tech explained that in some areas there is more then other. I had a VR3 product before and they wanted $19.95 for the same lead. The camera is also metal, my VR3 camera cracked in a few months. They also included special anti theft screws so no-one can just take the camera.

The monitor has a swivel base so I mounted it next to my rear view mirror. Ran the power wires to the fuse box and I was done. I do not get the flickering, but every now and then I can see someone else's camera from a house or security camera. I had this with the VR3 piece too. I am guessing if it was 5.8Mghz it would see other 5.8 stuff too ???

The camera had a much better viewing angle then the other and the night vision helps a lot too because the back up lights on my truck are useless. I can also see my hitch with no problem at all. There is a little static but not bad. We put one in a 4Runner and that one works great.

For the price I am happy with it.
Get more detail about Audiovox ACA250 Wireless Vehicle Rear Observation System.

No comments:

Post a Comment