Friday, January 15, 2010

Low Price Install Essentials 522T Trunk Release Solendo Kit


I managed to make it work with my 99 Camry LE yesterday.
The installation is tricky and I was lucky I found a magic place in the locking mechanism to hook the steel wire.

The provided green wire is way too short. I ended up buying additional wire. The trunk release switch is crappy. It doesn't work most of the time. Fortunately, I hook it up with a relay from my bulldog ke1702 keyless entry. And that works all the time.

Also, grounding is important. If the grounding on the trunk lid is not good, route another wire to a factory grounding point on the body.

The most difficult part is not electrical but mechanical. There's no standard way to hook the steel wire. I took the locking mechanism out and studied a bit. I found a spot where only a little force and moving distance needed to open it. The spot is on the actual movement which locks the latch and it doesn't interface with the manual trunk release cable and the arm operated by the trunk key. Get more detail about Install Essentials 522T Trunk Release Solendo Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment