Sunday, January 3, 2010

Buying Directed Electronics 485M Tx 4 Btn 434Mhz 2/37


I have some older alarms, one in my car and the other I have rigged in my garage to open my garage door. (Yes it can be done..)
These little alarm controls, even though dated, are great technology. The range is very good. I use the remote start function of my alarm and can usually start my car from up to 200 feet away outside in a typical parking lot. You might want to hold it over your head when you push the desired key combination to obtain best results. Indoor distance is heavily dependent on construction. However if you can see your car you can probably use it. Some jurisdictions do not allow you to have your car running without somebody inside, however; I have never experienced an issue, I have heard and read about it on the Internet. (With the proper alarm it is NOT a safety or theft problem, however; it is fantastic for warming or cooling your car prior to entering.)

The remotes came WITH batteries and ALL worked with no problem. They are the OEM remote so they should work without problem.

I was surprised that the price was so good (1/2 to 1/4) of what I found everywhere else I looked.

Make sure you buy a spares because the highest prices are from local retailers and the devices these are designed to control were made in the 90's.

Programming of the remote to the alarm is tricky and noisy, so don't try this during off hours. You may also need the help of a professional for programming of the remotes if you aren't technically talented.

Exact OEM part, if you are looking for this then you know you need it and you won't find it at a better price and delivery was quick with reasonable charges. (I can't remember if I even had to pay freight, So it couldn't have been much).

Get more detail about Directed Electronics 485M Tx 4 Btn 434Mhz 2/37.

No comments:

Post a Comment